ISO 14001 Environmental managementSend request
What is the ISO 14001 standard?
Everyone knows that every company, performing its functions, has some impact on the environment, and this impact can be both positive and negative. Thus, the impact can range from the usual management of waste generated in the office to energy consumption and emissions management of large metallurgical enterprises, from landscaping to the implementation of projects to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Quarantine has shown us that local ecosystems can be restored by reducing the impact of human activities, so management issues and reducing the negative impact will be given more attention than before. The advantage will be in a business that will be as environmentally friendly as possible. Accordingly, there will be popular goods and services, the manufacture or provision of which caused minimal damage to the environment.
The ISO 14001: 2015 standard allows to track and manage the impact of the enterprise on the environment and, if necessary, to minimize it.
The standard is created on the basis of world practices, international experience and the most effective solutions for the management of the environmental component of business. It outlines approaches to managing all environmental processes in the enterprise: from accounting for stakeholder requirements, procurement of raw materials and to self-monitoring and continuous improvement.
The introduction of an environmental management system will, among other things, allow the use of the Risk Management tool, which will help in the fight against environmental losses by identifying and managing environmental risks. This will make it possible to see and avoid losses that may occur due to the realization of environmental hazards and risks, respectively, eliminating or reducing the consequences, for example: fines.
Also, if the company has already implemented systems of quality management (ISO 9001: 2015), labor protection (ISO 45001: 2018) or energy management (ISO 50001: 2018), the environmental management system will not be difficult to develop and implement, due to the similar structure of these standards .
What will the introduction of an environmental management system?
- Advantage when holding tenders not only on the territory of Ukraine, but also internationally.
- Reduction of negative impact on the environment (energy saving, waste management, control of emissions into the atmosphere, etc.)
- Strengthening the positive impact on the environment (planting trees, conservation measures, cleaning debris of rivers, lakes or seas, etc.).
- Enhancing the reputation of the company and the brand.
- Strengthening the trust of customers and shareholders in the company.
- Standardization of the environmental component of the business processes of the enterprise and reduction of losses related to the environment.
- Understanding what environmental risks threaten your business and what to do with them.
- Attracting investors.
- Facilitate the passage of third-party inspections by customers or the state.